What it Takes to Finish a Book
(How to Stay the Course and Get it Done!)
featuring Brooke Warner
SCROLL DOWN TO REGISTER
In-Person and Zoom
In person meeting includes buffet lunch. For online attendees—the Zoom link will be sent to you after you complete the registration process.
In-person check-in begins at 11:00 a.m.
This talk will support writers and authors who are working on book projects to stay the course, give themselves the much-needed high-fives along the way, and remember that the journey is indeed the reward. Getting a book done requires support. Sometimes all it takes is a shift in perspective, someone saying the right thing in the right moment. This session will include what Brooke Warner has learned in her coaching and shepherding of thousands of authors through the writing and publishing process—and will leave you feeling refreshed and inspired.
What you will learn:
- The role of confidence in your writing process
- Why facing your fears is the key to getting it done
- The importance of releasing perfectionism
- The power of accountability
Brooke Warner is publisher of She Writes Press and SparkPress, president of Warner Coaching Inc., and author of Write On, Sisters!, Green-light Your Book, What’s Your Book?, and three books on memoir. Brooke is a TEDx speaker, weekly podcaster (of “Write-minded” with co-host Grant Faulkner of NaNoWriMo), and the former Executive Editor of Seal Press. She writes a monthly column for Publishers Weekly.
- 11:00 – 12:00 – Check In
- 11:15 – 11:45 – Writers Table
- 12:00 – 12:45 – Lunch
- 12:45 – 1:00 – Business Meeting
- 1:00 – 2:00 – Speakers
COVID-19 GUIDELINES FOR IN-PERSON MEETINGS
- CWC-Mt. Diablo Branch will abide by all state and local guidelines to ensure attendees’ safety.
- If you are not fully vaccinated, not feeling well, or are uncomfortable with in-person meetings, we ask that you attend via Zoom.
- Proof of vaccination is required at entrance to the restaurant.
- Masks must be worn at all times when not actively eating or drinking.
- Zio Fraedo’s staff will comply with Contra Costa County Health Dept. guidelines.
- The room will be laid out per Contra Costa Health Dept. guidelines, to allow for safe distancing. Our workshop leader will be allowed to present without a mask at the required distance from attendees.
- Attendees are required to wear a glove on the serving hand while in the buffet line. Gloves will be provided.
- Masks, gloves, and hand sanitizer will be available as needed.
For complete information, see Contra Costa Health Department for new local health orders.
New For Mt. Diablo Members!
Guest Voucher Program
Give a friend $10.00 off a General Meeting or Workshop (Zoom or in-Person).
- Invite a guest who has never attended Mt. Diablo meeting
- Request a voucher for your guest for $10.00 off a Zoom meeting or workshop.
- We will email your guest a voucher number and link to register for the meeting. We’ll also notify you that we’ve done this.
- Your guest registers for the meeting, enters the voucher number, and receives a $10.00 discount.
Looking for handouts or other material from a past meeting? Click Here!
Meeting Cost In Person (includes lunch): $25 CWC Members (any branch) and $35 Non-CWC-Members
Meeting Cost Online (Zoom): $10 CWC Members and $15 Non-CWC-Members
PayPal or Credit/Debit Card Only
Deadline to Register for In-Person Attendance January 5, 2022, 12:00 p.m.
The venue needs an estimated headcount by this time. However, your reservation is accepted through Friday at 8: p.m.
Walk-ins are welcome.
Fill out the form below.
You will be taken to a Paypal page after you click SUBMIT below. If you are paying by credit card, look for the “pay with credit or debit card” line on the Paypal page. You do not need a Paypal account.
By registering for this meeting, you acknowledge that the meeting may be recorded. Your consent is implied when you register.
Questions? Email Marlene Dotterer at firstname.lastname@example.org.