Story Arcs and Your Readers
Free Monthly Meeting, 1-hour Zoom presentation
Saturday, March 19, 2022
Presentation 1:00 – 2:00 p.m.
Sign-in and social time 12:30-1:00
Novelist and Editor
You can enhance the emotional journey your readers make when you learn the structure readers expect from you.
- Learn to recognize the basics of a story good arc.
- Learn to incorporate genre-specific twists to your arc.
- Find your own sense of timing in story-telling.
- Focus on “because of this, that happened” rather than “and then this happened.”
- Learn how to exit the stage
Lani Longshore is co-author of The Chenille series, cozy science fiction about quilters saving the world from aliens disguised as bolts of beige fabric. She is a past president of CWC Tri-Valley Branch, was editor of their first anthology, and helps TVW members polish stories for contests (Feedback Committee).