- This event has passed.
Sacramento (Zoom): Crafting a Strong Story Premise
January 11 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Crafting a Strong Story Premise
Wednesday, January 11
2-4 p.m. on Zoom
CWC-Sac member C. S .Lakin is teaching an intensive workshop online (Zoom) on January 11, 2-4 p.m. on crafting a strong story premise. In this 2-hour workshop, you’ll learn what a premise is, how to write a dynamic one-sentence story concept, and come up with a story hook that will enthrall readers.
We’ll cover these important elements (and more):
- The difference between an idea, a concept, and a premise
- What a “high concept” premise is all about
- The questions you must ask to develop a strong premise
- Why you need to understand MDQs and theme for your premise to rock
- The power of the story hook
In preparation for this workshop, see if you can craft a one-sentence concept that follows this basic format:
“When [opening conflict] happens to [character(s)], they must [overcome conflict] to [complete their quest].”*
We’ll be kicking around your ideas, so be sure to bring your story concept to the workshop to share (I’ll get to as many as time allows). Cost is $38. Register at Eventbrite HERE. Space is limited!