CWC Mt. Diablo Presents
The Power of Writing with Abandon
Grant Faulkner (via Zoom)
SCROLL DOWN TO REGISTER
Grant Faulkner is the Executive Director of National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) and the co-founder of 100 Word Story. He’s published All the Comfort Sin Can Provide, Fissures (a collection of 100-word stories), and Nothing Short of 100: Selected Tales from 100 Word Story. He has also published two books on writing, Pep Talks for Writers: 52 Insights and Actions to Boost Your Creative Mojo, and Brave the Page, a teen writing guide. He’s also the co-host of the podcast Write-minded and the author of a weekly newsletter: Intimations: A Writer’s Discourse. Follow him on Twitter at @grantfaulkner and on Instagram at @grantfaulkner.
One of the biggest obstacles any writer faces is finishing the first draft. As Joyce Carol Oates said, “Getting the first draft finished is like pushing a peanut with your nose across a very dirty floor.” Enter National Novel Writing Month, which has generated one of the most effective approaches to writing a first draft and bounding to new imaginative heights. This session will cover the power of diving in and connecting with others in a creative community. This is your year to finish the book of your dreams. Come prepared to write—with abandon!
We will learn how to:
- Banish our inner editor
- Take creative risks
- Set an audacious goal and a deadline
- Track our daily progress
- Connect with others
Deadline to register for In-Person Attendees: Noon on May 11th.
Save $5.00 with Early Bird Registration!
Cost increases to $30 for members who register after the deadline.
Prices do not increase for in-person guests and Zoom attendees.
Meeting Cost In Person: $25 Members and $35 Non-Members
Pay at door or with PayPal. You do not need a PayPal account.
Meeting Cost Online (Zoom): $10 CWC Members and $15 Non-CWC-Members
PayPal only. You do not need a PayPal account.
- 11:00 -11:15 – In-Person Check-in or join on Zoom
- 11:15 – 12:00 – Writers Table
- 12:00 – 12:25 – Lunch
- 12:25 – 1:00 – Business Meeting
- 1:00 – 2:00 – Speaker Presentation
CWC Mt. Diablo COVID-19 GUIDELINES FOR IN-PERSON MEETINGS
- CWC-Mt. Diablo Branch will abide by all state and local guidelines to ensure attendees’ safety.
- If you are not fully vaccinated, not feeling well, or are uncomfortable with in-person meetings, please do not attend.
- Proof of vaccination may be required at entrance to the restaurant.
- Masks are optional.
For complete information, see Contra Costa Health Department for new local health orders.
New For Mt. Diablo Members!
Guest Voucher Program
Give a friend $10.00 off a General Meeting or Workshop (Zoom or in-Person).
- Invite a guest who has never attended Mt. Diablo meeting
- Request a voucher for your guest for $10.00 off a Zoom meeting or workshop.
- We will email your guest a voucher number and link to register for the meeting. We’ll also notify you that we’ve done this.
- Your guest registers for the meeting, enters the voucher number, and receives a $10.00 discount.
Looking for handouts or other material from a past meeting? Click Here!
Fill out the form below.
You will be taken to a Paypal page after you click SUBMIT below. If you are paying by credit card, look for the “pay with credit or debit card” line on the Paypal page. You do not need a Paypal account.
By registering for this meeting, you acknowledge that the meeting may be recorded. Your consent is implied when you register.
Questions? Email Marlene Dotterer at firstname.lastname@example.org.