- This event has passed.
Mt. Diablo (Hybrid): “How to Be the Best Ambassador for Your Book: Pitfalls to Avoid, Practices that Pay Off
June 11, 2022 @ 11:00 am - 2:00 pm
“How to Be the Best Ambassador for Your Book: Pitfalls to Avoid, Practices that Pay Off”
June 11 @ 11:00 am – 2:00 pm PDT
Whether pitching to an agent at a writers’ conference or telling Cousin Angie about your book at a backyard barbecue, the very best person to create passion for your project—from agents and editors, potential readers, fans, and even super-fans—is You. By learning a few simple skills, you can be the best possible ambassador for your book, your ideas, and your causes. And, you can actually enjoy yourself doing it.
What we will Learn:
- A handful of instantly usable skills and simple mind-shifts to help you speak about your book and project in a way that engages listeners
- Tips for sounding more confident than you may feel, and becoming more confident than you are
- Guidelines for choosing and delivering effective readings
- Extra bonus tips for being a guest on radio and podcast interviews
- Extra, extra tips about how best to annoy your bookstore, podcast, or radio host so they’ll never want you back
Betsy Graziani Fasbinder is an award-winning, genre-jumping author, a licensed psychotherapist, and an in-demand communications trainer. She has coached public speaking for the reluctant and the downright phobic in fortune 500 companies and non-profit organizations throughout the U.S. and abroad. Her book, From Page to Stage: Inspiration, Tools, and Public Speaking Tips for Writers, is an invaluable resource for not only writers, but all wanting to increase their speaking effectiveness to audiences of any size. She is a podcast producer and host, with The Morning Glory Project: Stories of Determination now in its third year. She is also the author of Fire & Water and Filling Her Shoes.