- This event has passed.
Inland Empire (In-Person): Websites that wow readers: How to create or update your online home
October 22 @ 10:30 am - 12:00 pm
Saturday, October 22, 2022
Websites that wow readers: How to create or update your online home
Your website is the cornerstone of your writer platform, and it needs to work hard for you, 24 hours a day. Learn easy tips and insider tricks so you can spend less time battling technology, and more time writing your next book.
- ~ When is the ideal time to create your writer website? … and why it might be sooner than you think.
- ~ How technology is becoming simpler and more affordable, whether you want to build your first website, or switch your existing site to a new platform.
- ~ How to identify the one clear call to action your website must deliver.
- ~ Current trends in website design; how to avoid a site that looks dated.
- ~ How to stretch your website budget.
Pauline Wiles is an indie author turned website designer who builds beautiful, custom websites for writers who mean business.
As a writer herself, she noticed others were often overwhelmed by this task. Now, she aims not only to create powerful websites for other writers, but also to dispel some of the myths around how difficult a web project should be.
British by birth, Pauline is now a contented resident of California, although she admits to an occasional yearning for afternoon tea and historic homes. Her professional resume includes teaching computing to adults on both sides of the Atlantic, as well as desktop support, entrepreneurship education, and marketing analysis.