California Writers Club Literary Review
Deadline extended: Now accepting submissions for the 2016 issue through December 31, 2015.
CWC members are invited to submit their published or unpublished work for the 2016 issue of theCWC Literary Review following the guidelines below. Work meeting a threshold of quality and interest will be selected for this page-limited magazine. Minor editing may be performed on work selected for publication.
Proselytizing, libelous material, gratuitous vulgarity or obscenity will not be considered. Rejections will be accompanied with editors’ suggested improvements subsequent to the magazine’s release.
Send submissions as an email attachment to LitReview@calwriters.org, “CWC Lit-Review” in the subject line.
Starting with this edition, a $10 nonrefundable fee is required per submitter whether or not the maximum of two pieces is attached. However, if two pieces are submitted, they must be submitted at the same time or a second nonrefundable $10 fee applies. You may pay by PayPal, using the button below or by check payable to the “California Writers Club Central Treasury.” Mail your check to California Writers Club, Attn: Treasurer, 7614 Bonniewood Lane, Dublin CA 94568.
Guidelines (Nonconforming work will not be considered)
- Prose: 2500 words or fewer: fiction, memoir, or essay (excerpts if the submission can be judged a complete story). Poetry of 30 lines or fewer. Photography and graphics through arrangement with the editor
- A maximum of two submissions per member, same email, separate attachments, will be accepted per issue
Body of email:
- Author’s name, email address, and branch affiliation
- Title(s), word count, and genre: fiction, memoir, essay, or poetry
- Statement must be included: “I, (name here) own and convey the right to publish this/these work(s) (title or titles here) for this one time publication in the CWC Literary Review.”
Attachment—your artistic work:
- Pages numbered bottom center in footer, no cover sheet
- First page will contain the title of the work and the notation, F, NF-M, NF-E, or poetry
- MS Word: doc, or docx format, New Times Roman 12 pt font
- No page breaks, special leading, or any other unusual text manipulation or spacing