On Sunday, July 23, branch presidents, Central Board representatives, and guests gathered at the Holiday Inn Oakland Airport to applaud 19 honorees receiving the 2017 Jack London Award. Given biennially, this award recognizes superior and sustained service to the California Writers Club. Also presented was the Ina Coolbrith Award to Bob Isbill of the High Desert Branch for his exemplary service to the entire club. Without the dedication of volunteers such as these, the club would not be able to operate. Congratulations to the Jack London awardees:
- Berkeley — Kristen Caven
- Central Coast — Laurie Sheehan
- Coastal Dunes — Jenna Elizabeth Johnson
- East Sierra — Juliane DiBlasi Black
- Fremont Area Writers — Shirley Ferrante
- High Desert — Jenny Margotta
- Long Beach — Allene Symons
- Mt. Diablo — Elisabeth Tuck
- North State Writers — T.E. Watson, F.S.A. Scot
- Orange County — Jonathan Yanez
- Redwood Writers — Sandy Baker
- Sacramento Writers — Gini Grossenbacher
- San Fernando Valley — Mary R. Freeman
- San Francisco Peninsula — Bill Baynes
- San Joaquin Valley Writers — June Gillam
- South Bay Writers — Sally A. Minor
- Tri-Valley Writers — Deborah Jordon Bernal
- Writers of Kern — Dan McGuire
- Writers of Mendocino Coast — Amie McGee
Here are the Jack London Award Winners.
And here’s Bob Isbill receiving the Ina Coolbrith Award.
See a full list of awards going back to 1973 here.